Friday 31 August 2007

Miss not so Write after all...

OK bloggers, I think it's about time I faced up to the dead end that is this competition... No news is bad news. Louise Candlish stated on her blog that the winners of the competition would be contacted towards the end of August. So for me and the other 2331 entrants whose phones have stayed agonizingly quiet over the past few weeks, it's time to hang up our hopes and move on.

Still, it's not all sighs and downcast eyes. Time to get on with getting some positive feedback. Over the past few weeks I've been tiptoeing around, gently tugging on a few sleeves and sliding my manuscript under the nose a few friends in the publishing world...

The response has been great! OK, so nobody has mentioned a bidding war or insisted on a two book deal yet (I wish), but there has been a few appreciative nods - enough to give me hope and a few leads, at least!

Hurray! I'm on the right path. Just got to keep ploughing on and get the damn thing finished. At the moment I'm darting between polishing the first half of my first draft (ready to send off to agents and submit formally) and writing the end. It's all a bit topsy-turvy but after a few wrong turns and lots of meandering, I'll get there in the end. Promise...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just keep writing :-)

CL Taylor said...

That feedback sounds really encouraging. What great news!

Dani said...

hi from another 'Miss Wrong' hehe, I also feel relieved that at last the anticipation is over, the runner ups have been announced, and I can finally start concentrating more on the rest of my novel!