Tuesday 24 July 2007

First cup is the deepest


OK, so here I am, milky Earl Grey at the ready.

I'm starting my spanking new blog. I've fiddled with the font and messed about with the links, all that's left to do is actually write the damn thing!

It's a familiar feeling. Most of my novel writing sessions seem to start with a protracted faff around Facebook before I actually get down to adding anything to my word count.

It's taken me nearly a year to write 60 000 words! Is that good or bad? Fellow blogger and first time novelist, Cally Taylor (see Writing About Writing link below) managed to bang out a whole book in a third of that time! Wow! Well done Cally! Inspirational stuff for the likes of me, Miss 600-words-is-a-good-day.

But why does it bother me how long those 60 000 words have taken? Can success be summed up a word count? Let's hope not! I've never been good with numbers...

1 comment:

Emerging Writer said...

Just wondering, why have you picked 80,000 words to aim at?